|How to find indexed images in the on-line catalog of USAHEC
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Bonnie Knott [ Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:08 pm ]|
|Post subject:||How to find indexed images in the on-line catalog of USAHEC|
To find the call numbers of any of the USSS images stored at the US Army History and Education Center in Carlisle PA use the following instructions:
1. Go to their website www.usahec.org
2. Click on the box on the upper right hand side titled "Search AHEC Collections"
3. Click on the yellow box at the top titled "Digital Documents"
4. Hit the "browse" button
5. Click on "Browse Only Digital Finding Aids"
6. Click on "Databases" (note there are 2 so named-hit the 3rd one down in column 2)
7. Click on "Civil War" at the top left
8. When the next screen comes up do NOT choose either option, instead
9. In the DDS Search Panel to the left, enter a keyword (such as sharpshooters, USSS, individual names etc)
10. Change "Pattern" to "Boolean"
9. Click on "Submit Search" underneath
All your choices will be displayed just like on the old website. Most of the pictures are not on-line but you can obtain the index numbers to write for copies or to search out when visiting the library in person.
|Author:||BrianTWhite [ Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:53 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: How to find indexed images in the on-line catalog of USAHEC|
Thanks Bonnie, I know that the system has given me fits in the past! Your instructions will be a great help to those who are new to the USAHEC catalog.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group