It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:32 pm 
Sergeant

Friends,

I recently purchased an interested CDV on eBay depicting an older gentleman from York, PA, wearing a uniform coat with civilian rubber buttons and dark trousers. It's unidentified but was only a couple of bucks so I decided to purchase it. Company C 2nd is one of the organizations in the Sharpshooters that I know next to nothing about and the soldier's possible connection to them is something I am compelled to learn more about. I wanted to make an appeal here first, to those of you who do the Co. C impression, who might have access to original descriptive rolls. Basically I would like to know if it's possible this older gentleman was in fact a sharpshooter, and of course try to identify him. Below you will find a photograph of the man. I am open to any suggestions, hints, tips, or an open and valid ID for this image...I am just stuck at finding the rolls for Company C 2nd!

Thanks for any help you can provide. If you want to reach me off the boards my email address is greencoat_van_ornum@hotmail.com.

----------------------------------
Randolph Mess, U.S. Sharpshooters