It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Guy in Philly
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:53 pm 

Hello all,
I have a repro sharps and love to shoot it.I have been stuck on Sharps ever since I saw "Valdez is coming" back in the late 60"s early 70's as a kid. My lovely wife after we got a small sum of money said I should buy the rifle I always wanted and now is not sure she should have said that. I recently bought a Dirty Billie Berdan cap and look forward to getting other uniform items when money permits. To old to sleep in tents but would not mind attending a battle reeactment. Found this site from the reenactor disc forum and like having a site dedicated to sharpshooters. Thanks for being here and letting me be part of it.
John C. Neugebauer

Post subject: Re: New Guy in Philly
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:01 pm 

I will be marching as blue infantry in the Philadelphia parade on April 16th. Anybody else coming into town. I will be falling in with the 82nd PVI. Just wanted someone to respond so I tought I would do it myself.
John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:39 pm 
Corporal

Hello and welcome from a fellow fledgling greencoat. I live just outside of philly myself. Good group of guys here. READ READ READ and ASK ASK ASK. You'll be less stressed, and happier overall. I'm still in the process of putting my kit togather. Got the rifle, now it looks like a Knapsack will be next. After that...who knows.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:44 pm 

Hi Jeremiah,
Thanks for the response. I am looking to add the green coat next but I have spent to much on all the other stuff and trying to save up. Great advice , I try to read as much as possiable and feel great there is this site dedicated to sharpshooters. I shoot at Holmesburg fish and game and want to someday do the NSSA competition. Thanks for the welcome and enjoy that rifle.
John C. Neugebauer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:14 pm 
Corporal

John,

Welcome to the forum! I haven't been to a NSSA competition yet, but plan to someday. Have you any interest in joining a reenacting Sharpshooter Company? If you'd like to get into contact with David here on the forum we'd sure be glad to have a new member!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:48 pm 

Hi Jason,
Thanks for the reply. I am just starting to look into reenacting and would like to be part of a Berdan team. I have a sharps anda berdan hat but the rest is blue coat. Not sure how much particapation I could do at this time in life(54 with a wife that likes me around) but still interested. I have been shooting muzzleloarders since I was 15 and the Sharps is the cream of the crop now but still like the 1855 springfield as well.
Any Berdans coming to Philly for the April 16 parade. Looks to be a nice march and the Union League will open its doors which is a rare thing. Thanks for the interest.
I also am a Potter and have started to make some CW themed pots and hope to show some pictures soon.
John