It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:58 am 
Private

Guys, anyone who has extra gear, be it new, used, in need of heavy repairs, we're looking to create loaner uniform sets for potential recruits. (I've got some blue unis that we're using for now, but the newbies don't always like to stand out as much)

also any armisports out there that need a home, FYI we're not spending good money on a loaner rifle. if it's a deal then we're a go.

If trading is more your style, I've got a ton of stuff ranging from new - used both for US and REB (and crusades through nam).

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:57 am 
Corporal

Wow, that's a good idea. I'm only three years into the impression so I don't have much surplus yet, but when I do I'll be sure to pass it along.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:31 pm 
Private

Thanks! That's something the unit I belonged to used to do. They must have had at least 4 sets of loaner gear (small - xlarge) plus some crappy import leathers and a beat up rifle or two.

There were a couple of instances where a new recruit would show up, someone would loan personal gear, and then that person would never return. Soon enough people weren't to inclined to loan out gear. Plus if it's the units gear, you're not too worried about rips and tears, however we make it very clear that the uniforms and gear are to be cared for as if they were your own.

Thanks again!
Chris