It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:53 pm 

Greetings,
I want to offer this information. After I got frustrated trying to find black Berdan buttons, I decided to teach myself how to make them. I have already sold seveeral sets to other Berdans and to some sutlers. I am currently listing these on ebay item #130382240618. If anyone wants some, please contact me directly or use ebay. I have some "factory seconds" buttons I can mail out as a sample if anyone wants to check them out first. email requests to hagar2@aol.com

BERDAN SHARPSHOOTERS BLACK BUTTONS

CIVILWAR UNIFORM

These are reproduction black buttons for the Berdan Sharpshooters Green uniform. You are purchasing on a set of buttons consisting of 11 large (3/4 inch) buttons for the Frock coat , 4 small buttons (1/2inch) for the sleeves and 2 small buttons for the forage hat. a total of 17 buttons. Theses are enlisted buttons and have the eagle on them like the standard brass ones.

As an added bonus, I am now including 1 extra large button and 1 extra small button with each order

Desclaimer: These are not hard rubber nor are they 147 years old. The closest I could find was a company that had injected plastic buttons for $4 per button, and an unknow delivery time.

These buttons are hand crafted from black acrylic resin with heavy duty brass eyelets. The 2 hat button can either be with the standard eyelet or with the brass post as shown in the photo, your choice. As these are hand crafted individual, each one is individual and unique.

As a Berdan Sharpshooter myself, I got frustrated with no reliable source of the buttons, so I learned how to make the myself and my unit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:01 am 
Private

Could you post pics here?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:53 am 

Thanks for the interest, Please send me your email addy and I can send you some photos or you can check them out on ebay, Search on "berdan buttons". In the mean time I will try to learn how to post pics here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:50 pm 

Greetings All, I have been away for a while, Now I'm back Making Berdan Buttons. I can post photos as soon as I learn How.