It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:48 pm 
Sergeant

Fellow Sharpshooters.

I discovered (with some help from an old USSS comrade) this information on the Lodgewood Arms website. While the price seems daunting, if you go to page 2 you will find a new Sharps (make unknown) for sale that is only $350 less. That is still a lot of gas, food and fun money; but when you compare the difference between a NIB Sharps of unknown lineage and one of the 'best of the breed', well I know where I'd spend my income tax return coin.

Bill Skillman
Hudson Squad Mess-USSS

Garrett Arms Berdan Sharps w/ Functioning Pellet Feeder
Your Price: $1,350.00

http://www.lodgewood.com/Garrett-Arms-B ... _1794.html

Description
The Garrett Sharps is considered to be the most historically accurate reproduction Sharps on the market today. Certainly one of the earliest reproduction Sharps, these rifle were faithfully copied down to the smallest detail. The feature that sets these rifles apart from other reproductions is the fact that this particular rifle features a lock with a fully functional Lawrence Pellet Feeder-just like the originals.

The stocks of this Berdan Sharps are in great condition with no scratches or chips. The forend does have a small crack which was professionally repaired with epoxy to insure durability. The buttstock has an inspector's cartouche.

The lock and block are mechanically flawless; with tight lock ups and crisp springs. The block locks up tight with no gaps or wiggle. Being a Berdan Sharps, this particular rifle is outfitted with a set of adjustable double set triggers.

The barrel is beautiful inside and out. The bluing is just about perfect and the bore is crisp and shiny. Externally, all the steel hardware is in great shape with good color case hardening and only one or two areas of light surface rust.

Garrett Sharps are becoming increasingly difficult to find. Don't let this one get away! Be sure to click "IMAGE GALLERY" to view all the pictures.
Questions? Call us at 262-473-5444

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:41 am 
Sergeant

Fellow Sharpshooters,

Just learned that the Garrett Sharps that was available for sale has been snatched up. Unfortunately the website didn't post the serial number so Calum Monroe and I could compare it to our sequence. Better luck next time, comrades.

Bill Skillman
Hudson Squad Mess-USSS