It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:40 am 
Site Admin

Hello, my name is John Burke. email hagar06@comcast.net. I have the Gallon print "breechloaders and green coats" which I would like to sell. It is framed and triple matted (done in Gallon studio) Asking $250. I am a former reenactor. 2nd Del Co G. 1995-2000. It comes with certificate of authenticity. Thank you.

Gettysburg, Late Afternoon, July 2, 1863, along the slopes of Big Round Top east of the Slyder Farm—Contesting every yard of ground with the skirmish line of Confederate Maj. Gen. John Bell Hood’s division, Maj. Homer R. Stoughton’s 2nd Regiment, United States Sharpshooters, withdrew slowly, keeping up a steady and accurate fire. The men of Company F fell back from the Slyder Farm and took up positions in the timber overlooking Plum Run. “Our line being only a skirmish line.., we were obliged to fall back or be either killed or taken prisoner The enemy force in our front was at least ninety men to our one. Still they noticed that there was some opposition to their charge for we were armed with breechloaders and, as we took the matter very coolly, many a brave Southron threw up his arms and fell. But on they came, shouting and yelling their peculiar yell’’”’—from the Civil War Diary of Wyman S. White, Company F, 2nd United States Sharpshooters, edited by Russell C. White, Butternut and Blue, Baltimore, 1991.

Company “C” 2nd Regt. U.S. Sharpshooters
http://www.berdansharpshooters.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:58 am 

If there is anyone who hasn't seen that print, I would recommend taking a look on Gallon's site. I have a copy in my living-room. It's a great piece.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:51 pm 
Corporal

I have this print in my living room as well, signed by Gallon when I got a chance to speak with him last year. It's very nice! :)