It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:50 am 
Corporal

I'm just wondering how many of us are considering or anticipating attending the Hartville, Oh Living History at the Maize Valley Winery in August.

I'm considering making a "long weekend" out of the week of August that begins with the Antietam Tech. of War demo and heading out across PA, WV, and Maryland. It might be interesting to end up out in the Great State of Ohio and join in with my fellow sharpshooter impressionists out there, especially those whom I had the pleasure of meeting at the Company C, C.O.I. in May.

Is anyone going to be there? What can anyone tell me about the event? Look forward to hearing from you! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:57 am 
Sergeant

Jason,

The Hartville Living History/Reenactment will be attended by more than likely the Ohio members of Company "C". You'll have Captain Greg Adzema at the helm with about 6-8 guys attending. Jason if you want to attend a good reenactment in the State of Ohio I would attend the Zoar Reenactment in September. Great place and a good turn out of reenactors. They hold it every two years to keep a good turn out. Check out the website http://www.zoarcivilwar.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:14 pm 
Corporal

Joseph,

I'm glad to hear that there may be a few of us there. I would very much like to one day come out to Zoar, I've heard great things about it, but with my substitute teaching schedule doing anything once school is back in session gets "iffy". I'm already on the road that week, so I figured I'll see what the general opinion of Hartsville was among the group. Thanks for the suggestion!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:11 pm 
Sergeant

Jason,

I believe that I am the only Ohio member of Company "C" on this forum (my friend kyle is on too, but we communicate in person or by phone) but if you need or want more information on the event or to see who all might be going. I would give Greg Adzema a call. But I don't see him having numbers or even registration turned in until mid-July. So I think that you might have some time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:25 pm 
Corporal

I just wanted to say thanks to all of the great Ohio guys (and gal) and who made this event such a great way to wrap up my vacation. It was great to meet Seth, Tim and Tim, Buck and Karen, and everybody else! My uniform is still airing out and corn still haunts my dreams! Hope to be out there again with you soon enough! :)