PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Post information on availability of Armi-Sport Rifles

Company ā€œCā€ 2nd Regt. U.S. Sharpshooters
http://www.berdansharpshooters.com

Post subject: Re: Armi-Sport Rifles
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:59 pm 
Corporal

I had a pleasant shopping experience with Fall Creek Suttlery and their ability to supply me with an Armi-Sport. I was surprised though at the bayonet that I ordered along with the rifle. It had to be special made and came weeks after the rifle. Even when it did come it did not fit on my Sharps!

The good news is that you can call them toll-free and simply ask if they have some in stock. The girls you get to talk to when you call sound cute... :) ...

As the members of Co. C know my famed "non-firing" Armi-Sport caused me some anxiety at Antietam this year before more seasoned heads than myself were able to perform some surgery on it. Purchasing an Armi-Sport seems very much to be a Caveat emptor experience...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:45 pm 
Sergeant

I have a friend that is a gunsmith and dealer for Taylor & Company. Now he has told me that he would sell reenactor, an Armi-Sport Sharps for $775- $800. It`s like something of $50 more than what he gets them for. He`ll even inspect the weapon and send it back to T&C if there were any problems with it. It's a great deal with how much the cost of the Rifle has gone up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:33 am 
Sergeant

Fellow Sharpshooters.

Having had the need to purchase a few replacement parts for myself or comrade's Sharps rifles I thought I'd let you know of a company that provides replacement parts for the Armi-Sport Sharps. The VTI company lists parts for a number of import firearms. Their Armi Sport Sharps Infantry 54 caliber page shows a blow up schematic of the rifle with each part numbered and can be referenced to the part list page. The price list is current. I've provided a link to their site below:

VTI Replica Gun Parts
Address PO Box 509
Lakeville CT 06039
USA
Phone 860-435-8068
Fax 860-435-8146
Email mail@vtigunparts.com

website link: http://www.vtigunparts.com/store/shopdi ... oducts.asp

I've always carried a small supply of replacement parts (and a set of tools) in a amorers box in my Jeep. Over the years I've helped the Michigan boys replace broken, unservicable or missing cones/nipple, block clean out screws, carry sling screws (second band), even a wimpy mainspring. Fortunately, the Sharps is a relatively easy arm to keep in order. Laying in a store of parts (lockplate screws, forestock screw, cones, #1 & #2 barrel-muzzle and middle bands-bands, band springs, sling screws, cones, gas plate, loading lever pin, set screw for sliding sight, etc) will keep you 'making music' and not searching the grass on your hands and knees.

P.S. I want to give a 'tip o the cap' to Andy Bresnan of the Western Sharpshooters for providing me with the link.

Bill Skillman
Randolf Mess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

KangViper wrote:
I have a friend that is a gunsmith and dealer for Taylor & Company. Now he has told me that he would sell reenactor, an Armi-Sport Sharps for $775- $800. It`s like something of $50 more than what he gets them for. He`ll even inspect the weapon and send it back to T&C if there were any problems with it. It's a great deal with how much the cost of the Rifle has gone up.

I can purchase, as a dealer, from Taylor, Their prices have gone up, due to the Money market exchange rate. Have your friend check on prices and we can list it here.

Company ā€œCā€ 2nd Regt. U.S. Sharpshooters
http://www.berdansharpshooters.com