It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:57 am 
Corporal

As COI suddenly begins to draw near I've begun looking for a decent gunsmith in my area who can address the reliability issues surrounding my Armi-Sport. I recall the following items being a priority from the discussions I've had with members of the company. If anyone out there can help clarify them a little more or suggest new ones I'd certainly appreciate it!

1.) Inside the block itself there is a barb that is preventing the spark from the cap from completely reaching the cartridge. I remember that I'm supposed to emphasize that the gunsmith can't bore out the threads for the screw or I'll be...well...

2.) The hammer was not striking the cone dead-on. Mister Rider took care of this for me last year but reminded me that it would come back again. Is there anyway that a gunsmith can prevent this from coming back?

3.) I'm supposed to use an awl to carve out a crescent shape that will allow the excess powder to escape and therefore prevent it from cooking off and damaging my rifle and my digits. Where exactly was I supposed to do that again? :?

I appreciate any clarification to the above as well as any other ideas that I can suggest to a gunsmith for improving the reliability of my Armi-Sport! Think spring! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:45 pm 
Private

How did the surgery go?

any helpful tips for us still needing to do this?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:25 pm 
Corporal

Mr. Larson,

Sorry for not replying to you sooner!

Mr. Eastman gave me some great tips on how to make up my rounds, and it was pointed out to me at COI that letting the barrel point down was not only a safety concern, but a good way to let all of the powder slide forward... :roll: ...

At Heritage Days in Gettysburg all of these tips combined so that I got off every shot!

*Knocks on wood.*

I'm still hoping to do all of the things above over the winter, but I think I'm good for the rest of this season at least if I keep practicing and keep the hammer adjusted.

Thanks for asking!